Mental Health Initiative
Aiming to offer all people a safe space at the Boathouse Climbing Centre, working in partnership with other organisations to be able to signpost people to other services and help. Special events will be available throughout the year.
Upcoming Dates coming soon for partnership workShops
Gecko House will also advocate for the promotion of climbing as a beneficial activity to aid both mental and physical health. We are working in partnership with qualified and experienced psychologist and other professionals to develop a mindfulness through climbing course.
We always offer a safe space for all - But Every Friday 19.00 -21.00 dedicated trained instructors - mental health 1st aiders - partnership volunteers, are here for you to have a CCC (Climb – Chat – Cuppa) re-setting for the weekend.
Like minded people with lived experiences supporting mental health awareness
Meaning & Messages of the Gecko
Latin - Fortune, Re-growth, and Overall Life
Native Americans – Dreams, Healing and Survival In general, the Gecko symbolism is asking you to be highly adaptable.
1. Urges you to accept change when it comes and see adversity as an opportunity to improve yourself.
2. That you should give fear no place in your life. It also lets you know that you can triumph over anything.
3. Encourages you to remain focused on your goals, despite setbacks and challenges.
The spirit animal says.
1. That if you know what you want in life, you should go after it and not let anything or anyone discourage you.
2. To stop wasting your time and energy on things that don’t improve your life.
Geckos are symbols of healing, and mental mindfulness is the start of all wellbeing.
Call Now: 01492 35 35 35