Presently, all of our climbing clubs are currently suspended due to Government guidance on mixed groups from different households as well as the capacity that we have available in the centre under the current restrictions.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and will personally get in touch with all of our current Junior Crew Members when we have anymore information. We thank all of our Junior Crew and their families for your ongoing understanding and support and we aim to restart the clubs as soon as we are able and it is considered safe to do so.
For anyone who is interested in joining our waiting list to become a Junior Crew Member please follow the guidance outlined below.
Junior Crew Clubs
To access these clubs everyone must join as a Junior Crew Member.
These fun interactive sessions are built on the fundamentals of climbing and aim to give the young person the best start in this sport but also to help establish skills that are relevant to other areas of their lives.
During the weekly sessions the content includes playing games that help to develop and increase balance, spacial awareness, hand, foot and eye coordination to name just a few physical benefits. Climbing is also an activity proven to help in concentration and focus.
Members are also introduced to a rope system in which they can interact and be a part of. This gives them the opportunity to learn how to trust and become responsible for themselves and others through team work and respect. As they progress they begin to demonstrate an awareness of safety and how to assess risk. These are all qualities that are essential for their futures.
Please note, anyone who is 4 year old must be in full time education to join these clubs.
Beginners / Intermediates
For 8 years and older our Junior Crew Members literally start learning the ropes!
By focussing on how to belay and be responsible for another climber, as well as learning about the equipment of harnesses, helmets and ropes our climbers learn about taking responsibility and working within a safe and supportive environment.
The fundamentals of climbing still forms an integral part of these clubs and focus is also given to continual development their movement skills through a series of engaging and challenging tasks.
Members are also given the opportunity to experience our Bouldering Wall and Roped Climbing in our Tower. Climbing shoes are needed at this level and we have a special discount rate on shoe hire at just £1 per session.
For 13 years and over who can already belay and are competent on a Bouldering Wall.
Comprehensive climbing techniques are included within this programme and each climber is developed on an individual basis according to their needs.
Areas of focus are placed within body movement coaching through a variety of tasks and challenges.
If appropriate for the group then Lead Climbing may also be built into the programme of activity.
Individual training programmes can be devised alongside the club programme if required or requested to further enhance a climbers development.
- Annual Junior Crew Membership is £25 and guarantees the club space from term to term acting as a deposit.
- The Junior Crew Membership also offers some discounts into holiday activities at the Boathouse.
- Weekly session fees are due upfront in half termly blocks. No refunds are given due to non attendance.
- Should a half term be missed the club space is not immediately forfeit.
- If no contact or explanation is offered to non attendance the club space will be automatically released after the first session in the 2nd half term block of no contact or payment. The Junior Crew Membership will then be forfeited and cease to continue.
- A waiting list is currently in operation for all Junior Crew Clubs. We do endeavour to place people as quickly as possible but this is dependant on capacity within our clubs as there are limited spaces available due to the nature of the activity.
- Pay as you Go Climbing Clubs are now available for 4-7 years and 8 years plus during term time and are great to access for those who might not want to commit on a long term basis. These clubs can also be accessed by those who are on our waiting list for a Junior Crew Club space.
PAY AS YOU GO CLUBS
Our Pay as you GO Climbing Clubs provide a more flexible option for those that want to dip in and out of coming along. Sessions take place during the school term time only. Our Annual Junior Membership is available to purchase which gives a discounted weekly session fee if you wish to attend regularly. Advanced bookings can be made 1 week prior to the session taking place and must be secured via payment. No refunds are given for non attendance. It's also possible to just turn up but please be advised there are limited spaces in each session.
- Thursdays 4:15pm - 5:15pm 8 years + (max of 8 spaces available)
- Saturdays 10:15am-11:15am 4 to 7 years old (max of 6 spaces available)
Personal Climbing Stories
Sam was a member of the Welsh team in the recent UK BMC youth climbing finals 2019, where he finished 7th overall and the highest placed Welsh Climber in Age Category D.
Sam's very first climbing experience was at Prom Extra with Andy on VersaWall and thoroughly enjoying his time on the wall he joined the climbing clubs at Llandudno Junction Leisure Centre back in 2013. Showing a natural flare for climbing Sam progressed very quickly under Andy's coaching and outgrew what Junction Wall was able to offer. Encouraged to pursue his climbing passion and develop his skills further Sam successfully joined the North Wales Climbing Academy and has been actively involved ever since. You will find Sam training at the Boathouse from time to time on both the bouldering and lead walls.
Call Now: 01492 35 35 35