Like most walls across the UK we have taken advice from the Association of British Climbing Walls and used logic in our thinking of how to use our unique building. These measures may change as new advice and recommendations emerge, and we will continually assess how everything works within our building.
We can confirm that we have followed the UK Governments guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 with their steps;
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with people that work for us.
- We have in place cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with the guidance.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help staff work from home.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace.
- Where people cannot be 2m apart., we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
IMPORTANT, all customers need to accept this:
It should be recognised that whilst climbing walls will take all reasonable steps to prevent the transfer of COVID-19 to its staff and customers, there will always be a risk that an infected person visits the centre and either through droplet transfer, aerosol action or smear infection, transfers the virus to others. Our customers should be made aware of this and make their own decision given their specific circumstances whether this small residual risk is one they are willing to take. The residual risk should be no greater than in many other public spaces and facilities that are already open or will re-open in the coming months.
Please do not visit the climbing centre if you have any signs of COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone with signs in the past 14 days.
Please comply with all local lockdown restrictions and guidelines.
Please check out our opening times, which can be found at the bottom of this page.
With having a very unique building we have limited spaces available to stay in the guidelines of climbers per square meter. All persons within the building must be accounted for within these spaces, they are not just allocated to climbers due to airflow and ventilation regulations.
- Advance booking is essential FOR ALL CLIMBERS including members.
- 2-hour sessions (if we are quiet you may be able to climb for longer)
- Come already, appropriately dressed to climb (only needing to change shoes for example).
- Take note of the climbing zones, 3 people per zone to maintain social distancing.
- Face coverings must be worn when entering the building and if you are not participating in an activity. It is not necessary to wear a mask whilst exercising.
- Remember to follow all social distancing guidelines.
- Respect other climbers.
- No spectators will be admitted into the centre.
- Only our ground floor is accessible to all customers.
- The Boathouse Climbing Centre is available for private hire, please contact us directly for more details.
In order to speed up and reduce queuing times and also to minimise contact, we strongly recommend that customers pre-pay by using one of the following options;
- Purchase a monthly membership @ £41 per month
- Purchase a 10 Visit Pass at the cost of 9 visits.
- Contactless payment up to a maximum of £45 per transaction.
- Chip and Pin Card payments a minimum charge of £1.
- NO Cash payments will be accepted at this time, apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.
CHECK IN / CHECK OUT
Due to track and trace procedures a record of all people that have passed through our building MUST be logged. If you are not already registered with us you will be required to provide your contact details.
Only fully competent new members will be allowed to join.
All customers are required to sanitise their hands when entering the building and then regularly throughout their climbing session also, we advise when leaving and entering a new climbing zone.
Sanitation points are located at 3 key points entrance, reception, and before the tower entrance.
SOCIAL DISTANCING WHEN CLIMBING
When leading / bouldering / top roping or using the auto belays, it is up to the individual climber to assess where they climb and if it will be sociably acceptable to climb a route/problem near another person. Ideally, you will leave a sociably acceptable space between each climber but often routes / problems weave or deviate so a bit of forethought and verbal communication will be beneficial. We strongly recommend in the tower that you leave 1 line / route gap between another climber where possible.
Key, touchable surfaces will be wiped down frequently with appropriate cleaning products.
We are removing all none essential items such as magazines, leaflets and the like.
Even with our regular cleaning we strongly recommend that you sanitise your hands regularly and avoid touching your face.
All of our staff are required to notify us that they are NOT showing signs of COVID-19 before entering the building and they will also have their temperature taken before starting their shift.
All staff are required to notify us, before traveling to the centre, if they are showing symptoms and they will not return to work until fit to do so.
We will be offering hot drinks in takeaway cups. All snacks and other refreshments will be pre-packed (chocolate bars, snacks, bottles and cartons).
Unfortunately, we will be unable to fill water bottles at the moment.
Loose chalk, chalk balls and liquid chalk are all acceptable.
We are not currently in a position to offer the hire of ropes and chalk balls; all other equipment is available to hire. Chalk balls are available to buy, but please note we do not have chalk bags for sale at present.
We have moved the finger board downstairs and also have a mini campus board on the overhang section on the main bouldering wall.
A group must be from the same household or household bubble. Groups are a maximum of 2 climbers per 1 Adult supervisor. Please note as we are very limited on space there will be a small admission charge for the supervising adult, even if not climbing themselves. It is also essential that everyone wears climbing shoes in the centre and these are available to hire if needed.
INSTRUCTOR LED SESSIONS
Due to the local lockdown beginning Thursday 2nd October 2020 at 6pm, these sessions are only available to the same household. Groups are a maximum of 4 people to climb. Any groups consisting of only under 18 climbers must be accompanied by 1 additional adult.
We will continue to monitor the situation and we will reintroduce larger mixed groups when it is deemed safe to do so.
We have implemented the following measures to ensure the safety of our staff and customers;
- Instructor led sessions will last 30 minutes.
- A socially distanced entry procedure, we kindly ask that all customers arrive promptly, 10 minutes before their session is due to start. Please do not enter the centre until invited to do so.
- Reduced session ratios are a maximum of 4 climbers who must be from the same household or household bubble.
- Any groups consisting of only under 18 climbers must be accompanied by 1 additional adult.
- The viewing gallery is currently closed, so we cannot admit extra spectators that may accompany the group.
- Encouraging customers who have their own equipment to please use during the session.
- Once the session has ended, please ensure that you check out and vacate the facility promptly so we can allow other users to enter.
- We ask all customers to maintain Good Hand Hygiene, adhere to Social Distancing measures and Respect other Climbers during their visit.
- Outdoor footwear such as trainers, are not allowed to be worn during climbing activities. Climbing shoes must be worn and these are provided within your session cost. Please note socks are not provided but must be worn when wearing hired shoes.
EXTERNAL GROUP USE
We are accepting entry from external groups, but it is essential to pre-book your visit to ensure that we can accommodate the size of your group within the centre. You will need to supply your COVID-19 Group Risk Assessment alongside completing our On-Line Booking Form. All groups must comply with local lockdown guidelines and restrictions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All of our Terms and Conditions can be found by following this link https://boathouseclimbingcentre.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
For our full COVID-19 Risk Assessment please follow this link.
It has been a very challenging time over the past 4 months, and we are very grateful that we are now able to open our doors once again. We are, however, very much aware that this crisis and pandemic has not gone away and for this to be a successful and long term opening it is going to take effort from everyone. We kindly ask for everyone’s patience whilst we learn how to operate in this new environment and for everyone to respect the guidelines and procedures that have been put in place by Government as well as Leading Industry Bodies.
Thank you all for your ongoing support and we look forward to seeing you at the Centre.
Andy & Emma-Jane
Call Now: 01492 35 35 35